New Employee Orientation for Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV)
This Nan McKay and Associates course for public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) provides on-boarding new employee orientation to be used by housing agencies to introduce new employees to key roles, relationships, and documents in public housing and HCV. This course includes an overview of the housing process in public housing and HCV, fair housing and reasonable accommodation basics, an overview of Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) and Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP), as well as how to prepare for success as a housing professional. Duration: 2.5 Hours.
Bill Caltabiano, Trainer, Nan McKay & Associates
New housing agency employees including: housing clerks, housing specialists, receptionists, inspectors, or any other person who is new to the subsidized housing field.
- Recall the roles of Congress, US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD), state and local governments, and the PHA in the public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) programs
- Identify HUD references (both mandatory and non-binding) used for the public housing and HCV programs
- Recall key program documents for the public housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs
- Explain the housing process (occupancy cycle) for public housing and Housing Choice Voucher programs
- Identify the key civil rights and fair housing responsibilities
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 0.3