Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Certification
This Nan McKay certification course explores the ins and outs of the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program, covering the information critical to program success for both the Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing programs. The course presents full program information, including the program coordinating committee, intake and family selection, contracts, calculating escrow accounts, portability, and finding private sector resources. Duration: 18.75 Hours.
Patti Zatarian Menard, Senior Trainer and Consultant, Nan McKay & Associates, Inc.
The learning audience for this training consists of Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program coordinators, FSS managers, FSS case managers, and supervisors of this staff for both the Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher FSS programs. These participants may have little or no previous knowledge of FSS topics. The target audience will have a wide range of educational levels (pre-high school through college) and may or may not use computers on a regular basis.
- Recognize the basic steps and HUD requirements to implement a Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program
- Comply with HUD requirements for selecting FSS families and identify the optional policies
- Define the role and required membership of the Program Coordinating Committee (PCC) and consider ways to increase program resources through the committee
- Evaluate your FSS Action Plan for HUD compliance and determine whether revisions are needed
- Describe the key responsibilities of the family and the PHA under the FSS contract
- Correctly determine when an FSS contract is complete and when to approve a final escrow disbursement
- Manually calculate the escrow credit on the escrow calculation worksheet for a variety of scenarios using the case studies provided
- Describe the responsibilities of the initial and receiving PHAs as they relate to the management of the FSS contract and the escrow account under the FSS portability rules
- Identify the characteristics of effective case managers
- Recognize and utilize needs assessment tools and methods to identify goals and barriers in developing Individual Training and Services Plans (ITSPs)
- Identify the ways in which the FSS program is evaluated in both public housing and HCV FSS programs
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 1.9