CHAM Nuts and Bolts of Asset Management
This course is part 1 of the 3 part series of courses in the CHAM program of study that will lead to the CHAM Asset Management Specialist (AMS) Certification and designation. Nuts and Bolts of Asset Management is an interactive and engaging hands-on workshop designed for practitioners and board members with a wide range of professional experience. Learn the basics of how to analyze the performance of your affordable housing portfolio and plan for long-term sustainability. Tighten up your financial analysis skills, fine-tune your understanding of real estate principles, and strengthen your ability to manage your assets.
This course is a great orientation, to the subject, and is perfect for new employees or people with new asset management duties, property managers, board members, and executives who supervise asset management.
Duration: 11 Hours.
Jack Geary: Jack Geary Consulting, Juana D. Mejia: JDM Consulting Services
Novice asset managers of affordable housing, as well as owner/sponsor staff carrying out asset management functions, lender and HFA staff, nonprofit, and for-profit agency development staff, and Board Members with asset management oversight and analysis responsibilities.
- Examine the relationship between the various life stages of an affordable property and how an owner’s actions make an impact.
- Apply the concept of asset management, double bottom line management, and examine the differences between property management and asset management.
- Identify the key elements of predevelopment planning, including basic real estate development planning assumptions, project feasibility, and underwriting tools.
- Examine key performance measurements such as vacancy rates, debt service coverage ratios, and trend analysis.
- Recall how to use performance measurements and standards to strengthen property management oversight and plan for success.
- Examine an overview of Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Evaluate financial reports and audits, and understand how to use the information to help manage.
- Apply best practices in developing internal and external reporting systems that keep the Board and senior staff informed while also motivating staff toward outcome-based management.
- Examine the importance of completing, utilizing, and updating a Capital Needs Assessment (CNA).
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 1.1
- CHAM Asset Management Specialist (AMS) Certification Certification $1099.00