Fundamentals of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Management Certification
This course has been designed to provide an overview of the fundamentals of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, including compliance time periods, the basics of applying for tax credits, how credits are calculated, recapture, tenant income calculation and eligibility, rent setting, ongoing eligibility requirements, and property inspection protocol. Successful completion of all course work and a passing score of 70% is required for completion. Duration: 35 Hours.
Heather Sievers, Trainer and Consulting Manager, Nan McKay & Associates
The learning audience for this training consists of those who manage Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties, PHA staff who might be well-versed in HUD programs but new to LIHTC, or anyone interesting in gaining a thorough understanding of the basics of LIHTC project management. These participants may have little or no previous knowledge of LIHTC management topics. The target audience may have a wide range of educational levels (pre-high school through college) and may or may not use computers on a regular basis.
- Recall how the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program works
- Determine the value of tax credits for a particular project
- Identify the steps necessary to avoid recapture
- Understand compliance monitoring requirements
- Identify and apply the correct income limits based on various factors, including household size and project location
- Recognize the requirements for calculating income using HUD Handbook 4350.3, REV-1, and other resources
- Apply the gross rent limit and explain how the Section 8, public housing, supportive services, and rural housing services programs affect this determination
- Identify lease requirements and annual recertification requirements for the LIHTC program
- Recognize the requirements for inspections in LIHTC, including the frequency of inspections
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- Curriculum Code: 2019LIHTCCert
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 3.5
There are no reviews for this item.