Fundamentals of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Management Certification
This course has been designed to provide an overview of the fundamentals of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, including compliance time periods, the basics of applying for tax credits, how credits are calculated, recapture, tenant income calculation and eligibility, rent setting, ongoing eligibility requirements, and property inspection protocol.
NOTE: All materials needed for this course are available digitally in the “Resource” dropdown, which can be accessed by using the “Content” tab above. Physical copies of these materials will not be shipped. Should physical copies of these materials be required, you may contact Sales@nanmckay.com to request them. *Fees may apply
This is a self-paced training, requiring approximately 35 Hours to complete including learning exercises, study, and exam time.
Passing score of 70% is required to attain certification. Up to 3-Attempts are included.
Heather Sievers, Trainer and Consulting Manager, Nan McKay & Associates
Those currently managing LIHTC properties and those interested in understanding the basics of LIHTC project management.
- Recall how the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program works
- Determine the value of tax credits for a particular project
- Identify the steps necessary to avoid recapture
- Understand compliance monitoring requirements
- Identify and apply the correct income limits based on various factors, including household size and project location
- Recognize the requirements for calculating income using HUD Handbook 4350.3, REV-1, and other resources
- Apply the gross rent limit and explain how the Section 8, public housing, supportive services, and rural housing services programs affect this determination
- Identify lease requirements and annual recertification requirements for the LIHTC program
- Recognize the requirements for inspections in LIHTC, including the frequency of inspections
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 3.5