Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Rent Calculation Certification
This certification course offers lecture and learning activities focused on HUD regulations pertaining to rent calculation, and the formulas for correctly calculating rent for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. Learners will understand how to complete the Form HUD-50058; calculate annual income, income exclusions, the earned income disallowance; calculate assets, asset income, adjusted income, and verification; and determine minimum rent and utility allowances.
NOTE: All materials needed for this course are available digitally in the “Resource” dropdown, which can be accessed by using the “Content” tab above. Physical copies of these materials will not be shipped. Should physical copies of these materials be required, you may contact Sales@nanmckay.com to request them. *Fees may apply
This is a self-paced training, requiring approximately 21 Hours to complete including learning exercises, study, and exam time.
Passing score of 70% is required to attain certification. Up to 3-Attempts are included.
Adam Ensalaco, Trainer with Nan McKay & Associates
Occupancy specialists, and re-examination employees and supervisors.
- Identify the types of income that must be included in or excluded from annual income using 24 CFR, and Section 7 of the Form HUD-50058
- Calculate and track the earned income disallowance (EID)
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets using Form HUD-50058
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income using Form HUD-50058
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate rent using annual and adjusted income
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 2.1