Rent Calculation for Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Certification
The purpose of this Certification course is to teach rent calculation for both the public housing and Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) programs. The course has been carefully structured for combination areas to be trained together. Learn how to identify and calculate income from assets, calculate annual and adjusted income, and the requirements for verification. Calculate maximum rent at initial occupancy, HAP, and family share using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent.
NOTE: All materials needed for this course are available digitally in the “Resource” dropdown, which can be accessed by using the “Content” tab above. Physical copies of these materials will not be shipped. Should physical copies of these materials be required, you may contact Sales@nanmckay.com to request them. *Fees may apply
Duration: This is a self-paced training, requiring approximately 23 Hours to complete including learning exercises, study, and exam time.
Passing score of 70% is required to attain certification. Up to 3-Attempts are included.
Adam Ensalaco, Trainer with Nan McKay & Associates
Occupancy specialists, and re-examination employees and supervisors
- Identify the types of income that must be included in or excluded from annual income using 24 CFR, and Section 7 of the Form HUD-50058
- Calculate and track the earned income disallowance (EID) using 24 CFR
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets using 24 CFR, and Section 6 of the Form HUD-50058
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income using 24 CFR, and Section 8 of the Form HUD-50058
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate rent using annual and adjusted income
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 2.3