Multifamily Housing Specialist (MHS) Certification
This Nan McKay & Associates Certification course examines the HUD regulations for the project-based rental assistance program (PBRA) under HUD’s Office of Multifamily Housing Programs, and how to apply those regulations in administration of the program. Learners will be able to differentiate between the program requirements for the Rental Assistance Demonstration Project-Based Rental Assistance Program (RAD PBRA) and standard Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA); determine program eligibility and operate the waiting list; navigate various occupancy issues, including leasing, inspections, annual recertification, Choice Mobility, and terminations; calculate income; set and adjust rents; utilize the EIV and TRACS system; and identify strategies to avoid common Management and Occupancy Review (MOR) findings.
NOTE: All materials needed for this course are available digitally in the “Getting Started With Your Course” dropdown, which can be accessed by using the “Content” tab above. Physical copies of these materials will not be shipped. Should physical copies of these materials be required, you may contact Sales@nanmckay.com to request them. *Fees may apply
This is a self-paced training, requiring approximately 35 Hours to complete including learning exercises, study, and exam time.
Passing score of 70% is required to attain certification. Up to 3-Attempts are included.
Heather Wiedenfeld, Trainer, Nan McKay & Associates
PHAs interested in transitioning to project-based rental assistance (PBRA) under the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program, staff who need training on HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV-1 CHG-4, and managers of multifamily project-based Section 8, including management company staff
- Apply HUD regulations to determine eligibility
- Calculate income and rent for the Multifamily program
- Explain leasing and contract renewal requirements
- Utilize the EIV and TRACS systems
- Recall rules, relationships, and different types on management in Section 8 and PBRA programs
- Understand policies in the Tenant Selection Plan
- Describe screening process and regulations
- Learn procedures in the annual and interim recertification process
- Recall guidelines for terminating assistance and/or tenancy
Pricing and Payment Options:
- Credit Card payment is preferred. Use the "Add to Cart" button and proceed to checkout.
- Check payment available by request.
- Special Pricing available for Subscribers.
The information presented is for general reference only. HAI Group makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy or applicability of this information for any particular use or circumstance. Your use of this information is at your own discretion and risk. HAI Group and any author or contributor identified herein assume no responsibility for your use of this information. You should consult with your legal, professional or subject matter advisor before implementing any new strategy or policy.
This course Copyright 2024 HAI Group.
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 3.5