Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Specialist Certification
Upon completion of this Nan McKay certification course learners will achieve an understanding of HUD regulations for the HCV program and how to apply those regulations in administration of the program, including how to correctly determine family eligibility for the HCV program, how to perform required occupancy activities, and how to calculate rent.
NOTE: All materials needed for this course are available digitally in the “Getting Started With Your Course” dropdown, which can be accessed by using the “Content” tab above. Physical copies of these materials will not be shipped. Should physical copies of these materials be required, you may contact Sales@nanmckay.com to request them. *Fees may apply
This is a self-paced training, requiring approximately 48 Hours to complete including learning exercises, study, and exam time.
Passing score of 70% is required to attain certification. Up to 3-Attempts are included.
Daryle Ensley, Trainer at Nan McKay & Associates
Occupancy specialists, reexamination specialists, eligibility specialists, waiting list specialists, and HCV supervisors and managers.
- Identify the key relationships, rules, and references for the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Identify and apply principles of fair housing and reasonable accommodation.
- Examine the factors of eligibility including wait list management, final eligibility determination, screening, and eviction rule.
- Recognize the occupancy cycle from voucher issuance through the leasing process, determining rent reasonableness, the housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, annual activities, portability, and terminations.
- Examine steps in the HCV rent calculation process including annual income inclusions and exclusions, earned income disallowance (EID), assets and income from assets, adjusted income, verification, and calculation of subsidy and rent.
Pricing and Payment Options:
- Credit Card payment is preferred. Use the "Add to Cart" button and proceed to checkout.
- Check payment available by request.
- Special Pricing available for Subscribers.
The information presented is for general reference only. HAI Group makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy or applicability of this information for any particular use or circumstance. Your use of this information is at your own discretion and risk. HAI Group and any author or contributor identified herein assume no responsibility for your use of this information. You should consult with your legal, professional or subject matter advisor before implementing any new strategy or policy.
This course Copyright 2024 HAI Group.
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 4.8