Lead Safety and Public Housing
This course focuses on lead-safe issues and best practices, as well as housing authorities’ responsibilities related to lead-based paint. It includes an overview of lead, lead laws relating to public housing authorities, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) LeadSafe Housing Rule (LSHR), and how it all ties together under federal HUD and EPA requirements.
NOTE: The Connecticut (CT) version of this course is available here.
Duration: 1 Hour.
Kimberly Ploszaj, BS, EMT-B, Epidemiologist, State of Connecticut Department of Health
Housing agency inspection employees, maintenance employees and supervisors, and management employees such as Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) managers and executive managers.
- Identify the common sources of lead, and how a child might become lead poisoned
- Examine the Lead-Safe Housing Rule (LSHR) and the Environment Protection Agency’s (EPA) Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP)
- Identify lead-safe work practices and results
- Examine HUD’s housing inspection rules pertaining to lead for both the interior and exterior
- Examine how an individual can become a RRP-certified renovator
- Examine de minimus thresholds as determined by HUD and EPA, and what practices are prohibited under HUD and EPA rules
Pricing and Payment Options:
- Credit Card payment is preferred. Use the "Add to Cart" button and proceed to checkout.
- Check payment available by request.
- Special Pricing available for Subscribers.
The information presented is for general reference only. HAI Group makes no representation or warranty about the accuracy or applicability of this information for any particular use or circumstance. Your use of this information is at your own discretion and risk. HAI Group and any author or contributor identified herein assume no responsibility for your use of this information. You should consult with your legal, professional or subject matter advisor before implementing any new strategy or policy.
This course Copyright 2024 HAI Group.