Admissions and Occupancy - Section 504 and Fair Housing Compliance
This course focuses on how to implement proactive steps in your agency in order to comply with fair housing laws and regulations, and the requirement for affirmative outreach. This course identifies protected classes, offers examples of discrimination, examines the definition of reasonable accommodation, as well as when a request for accommodation may be unreasonable. It also addresses the need for training in the application, tenant selection, and screening process in order to avoid discrimination, and how to respond to a Section 504 complaint. Duration: 2 Hours.
C. Michael McInnish, Esq.
Housing agency executives, management, supervisors, maintenance, and employees
- Recall fair housing requirements and common issues
- Implement proactive steps to take in order to comply with fair housing laws and regulations
- Identify protected classes
- Identify proper procedures and best practices for Section 504 recordkeeping, training, and communication
- Recall how to respond to a Section 504 complaint
- Define reasonable accommodations, and determine when an accommodation request may be unreasonable
Pricing and Payment Options:
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 0.2