This Nan McKay & Associates Certification course examines the HUD regulations for the project-based rental assistance program (PBRA) under HUD’s Office of Multifamily Housing Programs, and how to apply those regulations in administration of the program. Learners will be able to differentiate between the program requirements for the Rental Assistance Demonstration Project-Based Rental Assistance Program (RAD PBRA) and standard Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA); determine program eligibility and operate the waiting list; navigate various occupancy issues, including leasing, inspections, annual recertification, Choice Mobility, and terminations; calculate income; set and adjust rents; utilize the EIV and TRACS system; and identify strategies to avoid common Management and Occupancy Review (MOR) findings. Duration: 35 Hours.
Heather Wiedenfeld, Trainer, Nan McKay & Associates
PHAs interested in transitioning to project-based rental assistance (PBRA) under the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program, staff who need training on HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV-1 CHG-4, and managers of multifamily project-based Section 8, including management company staff
- Apply HUD regulations to determine eligibility
- Calculate income and rent for the Multifamily program
- Explain leasing and contract renewal requirements
- Utilize the EIV and TRACS systems
- Recall rules, relationships, and different types on management in Section 8 and PBRA programs
- Understand policies in the Tenant Selection Plan
- Describe screening process and regulations
- Learn procedures in the annual and interim recertification process
- Recall guidelines for terminating assistance and/or tenancy
Pricing and Payment Options:
Log in to open an item.